Gallery Libby Sellers, 2010
Notes, References and External Links1. Caltagirone (Italian: [kaltadʒiˈroːne] is an inland city and comune in the Metropolitan City of Catania, on the island (and region) of Sicily The town is a production center of pottery, particularly maiolica and terra – cotta wares.
– Libby Sellers is a design historian, consultant, curator, and writer. She was a former curator at the Design Museum, London and supported concept – led design through her eponymous gallery for nearly 10 years.
– The Emirate of Sicily (Arabic: إِمَارَة صِقِلِّيَة, romanized: ʾImārat Ṣiqilliya) was an Islamic kingdom that ruled the island of Sicily from 831 to 1091. Its capital was Palermo (Arabic: Bal'harm), which during this period became a major cultural and political center of the Muslim world.
– Joint report from the Ministry of Health, Italy and the WHO Regional Office for Europe mission of 28 – 29 March 2011.
– Lampedusa. Since the early 2000s, Lampedusa, the European territory closest to Libya, has become a prime transit point for illegal migrants from Africa, the Middle East and Asia wanting to enter Europe.
– Design Academy Eindhoven (DAE) in The Netherlands, is one of the world’s leading design schools, recognized internationally for its forward – thinking and renowned professors and alumni.
ContributorsCONCEPT, DESIGN Andrea Trimarchi, Simone Farresin
DESIGN DEVELOPMENT Andrea Trimarchi, Simone Farresin, Van Engelen & Evers
PHOTO CREDITS Luisa Zanzani
LiteratureYatzer, The Molding tradition of Formafantasma
Frame, Formafantasma tracks the evolution of its craft – centric design approach
Sight Unseen, The making of Moulding Tradition by Formafantasma
Frieze, Studio Formafantasma
Explore – vc, Moulding Tradition
Australian design review, In profile: Studio Formafantasma
Volkskrant, Design zonder vorm
Polpettas, In Conversation with Studio Formafantasma
ICON, Studio FormaFantasma
Dmh Magazine, Utopia of Success
Wallpaper*, Formafantasma at Gallery Libby Sellers, London
Klatmagazine, Formafantasma back to the future
Fast Company, Blankets (Yes, Blankets) Offer A Glimpse Into Italy’s Reckless Colonial Past
Disegno daily, Gallery Libby Sellers opens a permanent space
[transcript], Design Dispersed: Forms of Migration and Flight
Numero, Le duo Formafantasma repense la forêt à la Serpentine Gallery